Wednesday, May 30, 2012

"Hey Coach Chelsea! What are some of the shakeology receipes you have been trying?"

Anonymous   May 30, 2012 2:30 AM
Hey Coach Chelsea! What are some of the Shakeology receipes you have been trying?


Since I have only been drinking Shakeology for a little over a week, I've only tried a few of the many recipes out there. There are literately thousands of recipes on the internet for this stuff, including many deserts (see below). You can find a lot on the Shakeology website (click here to see recipes), as well as Googling it to find some that people have made up themselves.  

My favorite combo is still:
·         About 3 large strawberries
·         Half a banana
·         Half of a chow hall OJ
·         A scoop of Strawberry Shakeology
·         Ice to taste (add more for thickness)
I’m telling you, it’s freaken DELICIOUS! It’s my favorite part of the day. All of those ingredients would make a good shake anyway; I just add a scoop of Shakeology to make it even better J
Today I tried the same thing but I had a slice of grapefruit that I squeezed the juice into the blender. Yum! It was actually pretty good.

I’ve also tried Chocolate Shakeology with soy milk, strawberries and cinnamon. It was tasty but I prefer fruity smoothies. The next Chocolate one I’m going to try banana, peanut butter and soy milk. I wanna try Shakeology No-Bake Cookies as well. I'll let you know how it goes!

**UPDATE: 2June I tried a recipe called "Strawberry Cheesecake" :
1 scoop of Greenberry Sheakology
1 oz of cream cheese (1 chow hall container)
1/2 cup of strawberries
1 cup of milk (I used soy milk)


It turned out really good. I made some coworkers taste test it and they agreed :)


***UPDATE: I ordered Barlean's Omega Swirl, Omega-3 Fish Oil Supplement off of Amazon in Mango Peach (they have a billion flavors.) I added three teaspoons to my shake and it was amazing sauce!! Adds alot of flavor but it has zero grams of sugar :D



If you work in the CAOC, come by or email me to get a free sample of either Greenberry or Chocolate Shakeology!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you still have any samples left of this shakelogy stuff?
I have been doing a green shake every morning since I got here (and I am down 32 pounds). I ordered a travel blender, and I have the almond breeze and PB2 shipped to me from vitacost.com.
Here is the recipe:

1/2 cup almond breeze unsweetened or soy/skim milk
1 frozen banana
ice cubes
1 Tbs PB2 (or peanut butter)
1/2 container of greek yogurt
1-2 cups of baby spinach

I also add a 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein occassionally.

Btw, if you have never tried PB2, I highly recommend, especially for shakes. Amazon.com and vitacost.com both have it in regular and chocolate flavor and it has MUCH less calories/fat than even reduced fat peanut butter.