Thursday, June 28, 2012

HELP!

I need some help with an idea I have. I want to make a Facebook page where people can coordinate group workout time/partners while they are out here. I have a lot of people tell me that they would love to work out in a group and it provides great motivation for them but they don't know anyone who can workout at the same time. The Facebook page can be a means to find someone. It can also be an extention of this blog and we can share tips of the trade with each other.

My question is: Is this an OPSEC violation, and if so how can we still do it and avoid releasing anything damaging? Can we put the location in the page name? Is it even possible?

If anyone sits next to an OPSEC monitor or knows the answer to these, please let me know! You can comment below or email me :)

Thank you!!

3 comments:

Kriscarlet said...

Hey Coach. I'm a PA here. This is a great idea and no problem doing it. But instead of a "fan" page, you have to create a group page. The group page allows you to screen the folks who want to be part of the group instead of people just having the ability to like it and join it like you see on normal fan pages. I just got on your blog today and it's great so far. I commend you for taking the initiative. I'm extremely active here but struggle with trying to eat healthy so I'm sure I will be picking up great tips from you!!

Kristi

CoachChelseaW said...

Nice!! Thank you so much for this information! I really think this could be a great thing for people out here. I have a question though, can we put our location in the name of the group? Or should we keep it vague?

Kriscarlet said...

Supposed to be undisclosed location so I would stick with the 379th or the CAOC in Southwest Asia. Then you're GTG! :)